Iced Coffee Recipe
Even though I haven’t acquired a taste for plain coffee yet, I love iced coffee. It’s creamy, sweet, and refreshing. Whipped cream takes it over the top. What I love about this iced coffee is the caramel-ly, toffee flavor, made with…Maple syrup! I think it’s the best sweetener. It’s much healthier than sugar or some other refined sweeteners or syrups.
I hope you give this recipe a try; it’ll become a favorite year round!
- Ice cubes (enough to fill your glass halfway)
- One shot espresso or ⅓ cup strong coffee
- A splash half&half or heavy cream
- Milk (enough to fill up your glass)
- 2½-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rum extract (optional, but adds great flavor)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Fill your glass halfway full with ice.
- Pour your hot shot of espresso or strong coffee over the ice cubes.
- Add the half&half or heavy cream.
- Fill your glass with milk.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, rum extract (if desired) and stir.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, chocolate or caramel syrup, or whatever else your heart desires. Enjoy!