Pumpkin Spice Latte (Syrup) Recipe
Well, it’s that time of year again. The trees are changing into beautiful vibrant colors, the air is getting crisp, our wood stove has been fired up a couple times now, and last but not least, hot drinks have become a necessity. 😉 (In this case, pumpkin spice lattes.) They’re so cozy and fall-y; I’m sure you know what I mean 🙂 This latte is made with a syrup that’s simple to make, and allows you to make lattes that don’t require having to make everything from scratch. Pumpkin spice lattes are one of the things that say, fall is here. The comforting warmth and spices are enough to brighten even the gloomiest day. (Does a gloomy day even exist in fall???)
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup honey
- 3-4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (use 4 tsp if you want a more spiced syrup)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- Milk (enough to fill up your mug)
- One shot espresso
- Whipped cream and cinnamon (to top latte, if desired)
- For the syrup, in a medium saucepan, stir together water, honey, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree.
- Simmer over medium heat for 40 minutes until a thick, brown, concentrated syrup forms.
- Pour into a glass jar and refrigerate or use right away.
- To make the latte, heat your milk. Blend in your blender with 2 Tbsp pumpkin spice syrup (adjust the syrup how you like it) and blend until frothy. Of course, you can also use a frothing whisk or a steam wand if you have them.
- Add your espresso, taste, and top with whipped cream and cinnamon. Yum!