Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Pie Recipe
So basically what makes this pumpkin pie different from the classic pumpkin pie is its simple spices and ingredients. It doesn’t contain pumpkin pie spice or sweetened condensed/evaporated milk. But don’t let the simplicity of this pie fool you for a second. It’s silky smooth and creamy, with a wonderful, light cinnamon flavor and will disappear faster than the traditional pumpkin pie. My dad actually prefers this plain pumpkin pie over the classic pumpkin pie because this in the one he had growing up. The delicious simplicity of this pie will turn you into a convert with the first creamy bite.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar (brown will also work)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla exract
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- You will also need:
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out pie crust and place into 9-in pie plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pie crust, sprinkle with cinnamon, and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 min or so or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the center of the pie jiggles only a little bit.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Chill if desired. Slice and serve with whipped cream.