Oreo Truffles Recipe
Creamy, smooth, velvety, practically to die for. That is the description of an oreo truffle. (aka one of the greatest Christmas treats ever) Covered with silky white chocolate, this truffle is probably one the most delicious dainties you will ever stumble across. For the truffle itself, you only need two ingredients. Chocolate wafers (oreos without the filling) and cream cheese. I know most recipes call for the whole oreo, but in our opinion, it’s unnecessary and just adds a lot more sugar. Using only wafers still gives you amazing, decadent, creamy truffles. Christmas just wouldn’t be the same without them!
- 3 cups oreo (or chocolate wafer) crumbs, chopped finely in a food processor (filling removed from oreos, just use a knife to scrape it out)
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cups white chocolate disks or white baking chocolate
- Chocolate chips, melted (use to drizzle the oreo truffles, optional)
- With a food processor or hand held mixer, mix together the oreo or chocolate wafer crumbs and cream cheese until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into 1 in. balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Freeze 1 hour.
- Melt white chocolate. You can do it over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring between 25 sec intervals or so.
- Drop the cold oreo balls into the chocolate, coat it completely, and lift it out of the chocolate with a fork, tapping/scraping against the saucepan or bowl to get rid of excess chocolate.
- Using a butter knife, slide it on to a parchment lined baking sheet. Allow the white chocolate to harden completely before drizzling with chocolate. (Place in fridge)
- Drizzle melted chocolate chips over the truffles. I just place it in a Ziploc bag and snip off the end. Store in refrigerator.