Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Bacon
These maple roasted sweet potatoes are one of my all-time favorite side dishes. The sweet potatoes are baked to perfection, the bacon is crisp, and they have the perfect balance between sweet and salty. Everything has such a delicious savory maple flavor. They’re the perfect side dish if you want to expand your culinary horizon AND they have much less starch than regular potatoes. This is a good thing, because once you discover these, you’ll be eating a lot of them! 🙂
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and largely cubed
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 2½ Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- One package bacon, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
- In a large bowl, toss together the peeled and cubed sweet potatoes with garlic powder, olive oil, maple syrup, and salt and pepper.
- Spread on your prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 30 min.
- At the end of 30 min, stir the sweet potatoes, sprinkle cubed bacon evenly on top, and bake another 30 min or until sweet potatoes are tender. If needed, broil the bacon at the end for 4 min or until crisp.
Recipe adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen, with a few tweaks.