Fluffy Cranberry Salad
The classic cranberry orange salad is a must at Thanksgiving, but have you ever thought about giving it a different (dare I say, even more delicious) twist? We brought this fluffy cranberry salad to a Thanksgiving dinner, and I can say it was a hit. It’s the perfect addition to any Thanksgiving meal, and a delicious side dish to make all year round. But what’s not to like about this salad? Not only does it have healthy ingredients, but the end result is an amazing side dish everyone will love. The fluffy sweetness and the crisp textures make it completely irresistible. I hope that you can still plan to make this for your Thanksgiving dinner; it won’t disappoint!
- 1 10-12 oz package cranberries, chopped in food processor
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- ¾ cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted on a dry skillet
- 2 cups red grapes, cut up
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped with 1-2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, stir sugar into ground cranberries and refrigerate overnight.*
- Next day, drain as much juice off as possible,* pressing down on cranberries in sieve with a spoon to sqeeze out the juices.
- Add celery, toasted nuts, and grapes to drained cranberries. Fold in whipped cream. Taste and adjust sweetener as needed. Keep salad in refrigerator until ready to serve.*
*The juice from the cranberries can be used to make a fruit topping.
*This cranberry salad can be kept in the fridge overnight and is still delicious the next day, even though the pecans aren't as crisp anymore.